Friday, 17 October 2014 18:04
Insurance For Foreigners In Portugal
afpop has organised two seminars aimed at clarifying the options available on insurances and using insurance for investment. Presentations by Henrique Pinheiro of Medal Insurance and Matthew Krystman, independent financial adviser, will cover many important aspects of relevance to foreigners residing in Portugal. Insurance is a very broad and often confusing subject so our two speakers, both experts in their own fields, will be explaining a number of issues that afpop has been asked about by Members and the options of many more ... and will also be available to answer general questions about insurance related matters 'from the floor' at the end of the presentations.
The seminars will include:
- car insurance for foreign registered vehicles and the difference between insurance policies in other countries
- house insurance cover and the options
- health insurance age limits, cover for pre-existing conditions, foreign health policies
- the potential for tax advantages when investing in insurance products and the diverse investment choice
- using insurance products as a platform for retirement planning – the role of QROPS and QNUPS
The first of the two seminars will be held in the Câmara meeting rooms in the walled old city of Faro on Thursday 23rd October and the second will be held the day after at Boavista Golf Clubhouse, Lagos, on Friday 24th October. Registration and coffee will start at 10.30am and the seminars will begin at 11.00am and finish by 12.30.
Please book your place as soon as possible through the afpop office on 282 458 509 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The seminars are open to all and will be free to afpop Members but a small charge of 10 euros will be made to non-Members payable on the door.