Monday, 24 September 2012 16:06
A unique Crime Prevention Seminar will take place on Wednesday 26th September 2012 from 16:00 to 18:00 at the Centro Cultural de Lagos, Lagos.
It is being organized by Safe Communities Algarve in partnership with Destacamento da GNR de Portimão, PSP Divisão Policial Portimão, British Consulate and the Associação Sócio-Profissional dos Guardas Nocturnos (Night Guard Service) for the English speaking community.
The seminar is aimed at promoting safer communities through crime prevention. It will be the first time that the following organizations and presenters have come together at a single event to share their experiences with the public and will provide a unique opportunity for questions and answers on matters of interest to the public. The Agenda of the seminar is as follows:
- David Thomas - Safe Communities Algarve – Presenting: Introduction; Overall crime context/trends; Crime Prevention; work of Safe Communities Algarve (inc “My GNR”),
- Captain Carlos Bengala - Commander GNR Portimão – Presenting: Work of GNR; Safe Residence Program and local crime overview.
- Comissário Carlos Pinto - Comandante da Divisão de Portimão – Presenting: the PSP Structure implemented in the Algarve; Crime overview particularly for Portimão and Lagos; Main policing strategies and Special Policing Programs
- José dos Santos Vice President of the Night Guard Service – Presenting: the Work and Responsibilities of the Night Guard Service
- Vice Consul Angela Morado from the British Consulate - Covering the Consulate's role in promoting crime prevention and supporting victims of crime.
If you wish to attend the seminar, which will be conducted in English only, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or through the following link giving the Subject "Crime Prevention Seminar Lagos".