Monday, 18 May 2015 18:46
afpop has organised a second seminar aimed at clarifying the options available on insurances and using insurance for investment. Presentations by Henrique Pinheiro of Medal Insurance and Matthew Krystman from Blevins Franks, will cover many important aspects of relevance to foreigners residing in Portugal. Insurance is a very broad and often confusing subject so our two speakers, both experts in their own fields, will explain a number of issues that afpop has been asked about by Members and the options of many more. They will also be available to answer general questions about insurance related matters 'from the floor' at the end of the presentations.
The seminars will cover:
- Car insurance
- foreign registered vehicles and the difference between insurance policies in other countries
- the matriculation process
- driving outside Portugal
- who can drive the vehicle
- House insurance
- building and contents cover and how to calculate the sums insured
- third party liability
- earthquake risk
- Health insurance
- age limits and cover for pre-existing conditions
- foreign health policies
- cover for foreign travel
- Insurance Bonds for investment purposes
- the potential for tax advantages when investing in insurance products and the diverse investment choice
- using insurance products as a platform for retirement planning – the role of QROPS and QNUPS
The seminar will be held in the Faro Câmara meeting rooms in the walled old city of Faro on Thursday 4th June and this replaces the one originally planned for last October. Registration and coffee will start at 10.30am and the seminars will begin at 11.00am and finish by 12.30.
Please book your place as soon as possible through the afpop office on 282 458 509 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The seminars are open to all and will be free to afpop Members but a small charge of 10 euros will be made to non-Members payable on the door.